7/2/08

Repost of " Jamie Burmeister Saves My Butt"

I am sitting in the Denver airport on my way to Orange County, CA to do a presentation of my experimental videos at the &NOW conference. The internet is free at this airport (whoo hoo).

Yeah, I get excited by stupid things.

The project for Earth Day was almost canceled due to my impossible schedule. In a panic, I started talking to other artists. Jamie Burmeister, a very cool and excellent artist in Omaha, showed interest in the project and has jumped on board. He is working on it while I am out of town. I got the new molds finished (the old mold that I created for the piece for the Climate Crisis Coalition formed letters that would be too small for warmer April weather). All that work left no time for casting.

Enter Jamie, the OEA Public Artist of the Year to save my butt. It is an honor to work with him and I am thrilled he wanted to work together. Simply put, this piece would not have happened without him.

I will post the results after this weekend... Until then, enjoy a snapshot of the winter version for the CCC:

No comments: