1/12/09

Castlepoint, New Zealand



Now I can see why so many photographers specialize in things like lighthouses. How do you see something like this and not take a pretty picture?



A couple of my friends seem to like the photos from my iPhone, so I thought I might as well take a pic with that, as well.

Luckily, after I got the charming stuff out of my system I went to work on what I had set out to do. If the short little video comes out well (compiled from stills) I will post it later.

Until that time, here is some more silly stuff:



I hate having pics taken of me. Can't stand looking at 'em. Oh, well. David pointed out that some people would like to actually see me in pics, I decided I might as well allow it.



Every once in a while I come along one of these signs. I know kiwis are nocturnal (or is it just some) but it would crush my spirit if I ran over one on the road.



I had a conversation years ago with a friend about about the so-called face on Mars. For him, it seemed to prove it was made by something (aliens, or supreme being, whatever) and I started taking images where I saw faces in things to show it was just how we, as humans, looked at things. I kind of stopped taking pics like that (I should post some of them for fun), but then I saw this and thought I should take a pic. It only showed up at the right angle, naturally.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! My kids see faces in everything. They see faces where I would have just skimmed past... surely in a hurry to do something. It always fascinates me. I should start taking pictures of them.

ArtsyFartsyTim said...

Thanks, Liz. Yes, if you take photos like that, save them for me!! I have a collection, going. I should get back into it