1/14/09

Fur seals, etc

On my drive up the eastern coast of the south island, I would stop now and then to check out the view. About 14 miles north of Kaikoura, at a place called Ohau Point, I stopped to observe quite a few fur seals.



Wonderful buggers, and the little baby seals were adorable little bastards, but I spent so much time with the video camera that I did not capture the young seals with the Nikon. Oops. Hopefully the video looks good.




This image is a detail of the one above it.



And, damn it, another pic of me with some of the seals behind me.

I did not have internet access to post this right away (posting it at least a day late), so instead of playing on the blog, I just sat and read about New Zealand. Here is a silly fact you probably don’t know:

There are 4.1 million people living in New Zealand.

There are 47 million sheep.

No comments: