3/21/09

Insight MPG

A couple people asked me whether having the batteries replaced has made any difference. Not that I can tell. These are pretty typical numbers while driving on the interstate. The left number is the MPG for the number of miles traveled, which is the number on the right. I reset the trip odometer for the trip from Omaha to Austin.



These are all quick iPhone shots. This was near the peek. I thought I could get 66 - 70 MPG since I have in the past, but I think 65.5 was the overall best after about 548 miles of driving. Granted, anything approaching 70 MPG is rare. 65 is typical.



After 600 miles of driving, I was back down to 65 MPG.



I started speeding more and it dropped to 62.5 MPG by the time I had driven the 920 miles to Tim's place in Austin. I must have unconsciously slowed down for safety each time I took a pic, because the first half of the trip I averaged 70 mph and I averaged about 75-80 mph the last half of the trip. Still, not bad.

No comments: