4/23/09

This American Life

I just got back from the theatrical live broadcast of This American Life with Ira Glass (huge fan). Wow. What a great experience. Chris Ware (huge fan) did images for the intro, as well as an animation for a song by Andrew Bird (huge fan).

I am usually reluctant to give an opinion about something so soon after experiencing it, but every story was well written and entertaining. Great production. I hear they will show it again on May 7th at theaters around the country. I’d recommend it. Check it out.

Edit:
Since someone asked in the comments, I thought I would share... the song Chris Ware animated is from Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire "Thrills" CD from about a decade ago and it is a song called "Eugene"

3 comments:

JJo said...

Do you by chance know the name of the Andrew Bird song? Loved it - can't remember the title. Thanks much for responding if you know.

ArtsyFartsyTim said...

It is from his Bowl of Fire "Thrills" CD from about a decade ago and it is a song called "Eugene"

great stuff. I love both Chris Ware and Andrew Bird. What a combination.

JJo said...

THANK YOU!! Great combo, I agree. :)