6/28/09

PLEASE Stop Rockin'

As a few of my friends already know, I use Shazam on my iPhone not necessarily to identify good songs, but usually to identify a shitty song that I hear while in a restaurant or store (some place I am forced to listen to top 40).

While at Pepperjax for a quick dinner with Beth, I heard another horrible song.

"God this song sucks. Who is this?"

Beth didn't know, so I pulled out my iPhone and started up Shazam, not expecting Shazam to identify the song over the din in the restaurant during our din din. I was amazed Shazam identified it. I was even more amazed that it was a collaboration between arguably the all-time worst top 40 band (REO Speedwagon) and a nearly equally awful band, Styx (with Journey, et al, it is hard to know if they are the two worst bands ever).

While calling up the song for more info, I found the bands are touring together this summer.

Ugh. I feel sick to my stomach. I hope I don't barf up my dinner...

No comments: