1/19/09

Fergburger

I haven’t had a hot meal in a while. I could smell burgers in one town and started craving one ever since then.

Well, in Queenstown, I happened upon a place called Fergburger. It was a hopping joint. The line was long and to me that is often the sign of a good place to eat. And it was good, btw.



They had a deer burger called the Sweet Bambi, which was my first choice, but by the time I reached the front of the line I had decided on the special Fergburger. After I ordered and sat down with my beer, I noticed another item.

The Bun Laden.

Now, as you probably suspect, I was a vocal critic of the war in Iraq before the war even began. And, yes, you can assume I have been a harsh critic of the Bush administration. However, seeing a pun on Bin Laden’s name as a popular falafel sandwich admittedly put me off. Certainly, it really illustrated how much of the rest of the world views the USA as the evil ones in the equation, but it wasn’t just that.

Keep in mind, I would never order anything by the name of the Yumsfeld (something I imagine would be a “twisted sundae”) or the Condelicious Rice (a tasteless, “spineless jellyfish on a bed of rice”) or the Double U Bush (“twin buffalo putz” on a bed of corn flakes).

I'm a tad disturbed by the name. Call me odd. What is more disturbing is how elevated Bin Laden seems to be above Bush.

... not a place the US should be happy to be.

No comments: