1/18/09

iPhone day #2

Another one of these? Uh oh. Must mean no (or limited) internet access, again.



This was on the north island near NPS. Half windmill / half billboard. Reminded me of the midwest.



I don’t know if hitting a kiwi or a penguin would be worse. I’d rather not think about it.

On a side note, a few hikers and I saw some weird birds the other day less than a few feet away from us. They scurried back into the brush where we were walking. A guy near me thought they were kiwis. I was reluctant to agree, but wanted them to be. Same big feet, no apparent wings, and feathers kind of like fur seal texture. They seemed a little kiwi-ish. I wonder what else they could have been? I am pretty sure they were wekas, though. Too bad I didn't have time to take a picture.

No comments: